[Pearson] From IT to DevOps
8 Hours of Video Instruction
DevOps is a set of practices that works to automate and integrate the processes between software development and IT teams so they can build, test, and release software faster and more reliably. These days, it is imperative for engineers in the IT industry to understand what DevOps is and how it works so they can keep their skills and knowledge up to date. This LiveLessons does just that!
The days of specializing in just one technology are obsolete. People and teams involved in the whole DevOps cycle are now (or soon will be) cross-functional, where developers can add operations knowledge and operations engineers can incorporate development and scripting knowledge in order to help the entire team output better products faster. In this video training, Paul Furlan covers what you need to skill up and succeed.
With this LiveLessons course, IT Pros will have the chance to see how a product can be developed by applying DevOps to the entire process, and they will also have hands-on labs to test concepts and learn.
What You Will Learn
• Build a complete product from ideation through deployment with Gitlab
• Deploy the application using a DevOps approach with Gitlab Continuous Deployment pipelines.
• Learn how each phase of the DevOps cycle works.
• Perform testing on your application to detect bugs and make sure all is working as expected.
• Unit test and load test to detect bugs, security vulnerabilities, performance, and more.
• Perform static code analysis.
• Explore the most popular application packager managers, such as Maven, NPM, NuGet, and PyPi.
Who Should Take This Course
• Primary: Junior IT engineers (sysadmins, developers, storage and virtualization engineers), recent graduates, self-taught programmers/engineers.
• Secondary: Senior IT engineers looking to obtain an overview of what DevOps is and how to grow their skill set.
• To get the most out of this training, learners should have a general understanding of file management tools and Docker images.
• Beginner to Intermediate
Paul Furlan describes himself as an information technologies Swiss army knife. He is an IT industry veteran with more than 17 years of experience across several roles, such as helpdesk, full-stack web development, systems administration, and backups. He is currently a DevOps engineer focused on the support and administration of the VCS and CI/CD pipelines. In addition to his day job, Paul spends time reading content related to science and technology (sometimes out loud to practice pronunciation), challenges himself to get out of comfort zones, and plays with his pets and recording music. He always tries to make time to learn and practice new skills. He promotes this to everyone in the IT industry, as this field is constantly changing and rapidly evolving.
Size: 13.8 GB