[Coursera] Meta Back-End Developer Professional Certificate
Launch your career as a back-end developer. Build job-ready skills for an in-demand career and earn a credential from Meta. No degree or prior experience required to get started.
What you will learn
Gain the technical skills required to become a qualified back-end developer
Learn to use programming systems including Python Syntax, Linux commands, Git, SQL, Version Control, Cloud Hosting, APIs, JSON, XML and more
Build a portfolio using your new skills and begin interview preparation including tips for what to expect when interviewing for engineering jobs
Learn in-demand programming skills and how to confidently use code to solve problems
Skills you will gain
- Cloud Hosting
- Application Programming Interfaces (API)
- Python Programming
- Data Structure
- Computer Programming
- Django (Web Framework)
- Web Development
- Bash (Unix Shell)
- Version Control
About this Professional Certificate
Ready to gain new skills and learn the tools developers use to create websites and web applications? This 10-course program, designed by the software engineering experts at Meta, will prepare you for an entry-level career as a back-end developer.
On completion, you’ll get exclusive access to the Meta Career Programs Job Board—a job search platform that connects you with 200+ employers who have committed to sourcing talent through Meta’s certificate programs, as well as career support resources to help you with your job search.
In this program, you’ll learn:
- Python Syntax—the most popular choice for machine learning, data science and artificial intelligence.
- In-demand programming skills and how to confidently use code to solve problems.
- Linux commands and Git repositories to implement version control.
- The world of data storage and databases using MySQL, and how to craft sophisticated SQL queries.
- Django web framework and how the front-end consumes data from the REST APIs.
- How to prepare for technical interviews for back-end developer roles.
Any third-party trademarks and other intellectual property (including logos and icons) referenced in the learning experience remain the property of their respective owners. Unless specifically identified as such, Coursera’s use of third-party intellectual property does not indicate any relationship, sponsorship, or endorsement between Coursera and the owners of these trademarks or other intellectual property.
Applied Learning Project
Throughout the program, you’ll engage in applied learning through hands-on activities to help level up your knowledge. At the end of each course, you’ll complete 10 micro-projects that will help prepare you for the next steps in your engineer career journey.
In these projects, you’ll use a lab environment or a web application to perform tasks such as:
- Solve problems using Python code.
- Manage a project in GitHub using version control in Git, Git repositories and the Linux Terminal.
- Design and build a simple Django app.
At the end of the program, there will be a Capstone project where you will bring all of your knowledge together to create a Django web app.
No prior experience required.
What you will learn in Meta Back-End Developer Professional Certificate
- Hosting and cloud hosting
- Application programming interface or API
- Python programming language
- data structure
- Django framework
- Linux operating system and important and repeated commands
- Creating databases and MySQL
- And …
Instructors: Meta Staff
Number of Courses: 10
Duration: Approximately 8 months to complete – Suggested pace of 6 hours/week
Size: 1.38 GB