[Skillshare] Logo Design with Adobe Illustrator
About This Class
Want to design effective and unique logos? Learn about the Logo Design process, theory, techniques and test your skills by working on the class project!
Join Martin Perhiniak (Graphic Designer and Adobe Certified Instructor) and learn his workflow and best practices he developed over 20 years working as a creative professional for clients like BBC, Mattel, IKEA, Google, Pixar, Adobe.
In this class you’ll learn:
- Creating professional logos for all kinds of clients/businesses
- The complete logo design workflow: brief, research, sketching, vector design and presentation
- Adobe Illustrator best practices (Pen Tool, Shape Builder Tool, Symbols,
- Various types of logos and when to use them
- Important branding terms you should be familiar with (e.g. propositional density)
- Considerations you need to make before starting to design
- Presenting your logos to your client
- Creating and structuring a Brand Guide for your client
You’ll be creating:
- Multiple logos for a food market
- Brand guide (optionial)
- Recreating 10 famous logos (optional exercises)
Who this class is for?
- Anyone planning to become a graphic designer
- Creatives aiming to improve their technical skills and understanding of design theory
- Anyone specialising in Logo and Identity Design
- You don’t need to be a creative professional to take the class
- You don’t need to know how to draw (although it can be a useful skill during the sketching phase)
What you will need?
- Adobe Illustrator or similar vector drawing application
- Desire to make something awesome
Even if you’re new to designing logos or Adobe Illustrator, you’ll find these simple and effective techniques easy to use and apply to your work!
Hands-on Class Project
1. Design a logo for a food market
- Client: Finest Organic Farmers Market – Barnet (all of these words need to be included in the logo)
- Established in 1850 (including this text in the logo is optionial)
- Selling fresh, organic local fruits, vegetables and meat
- Opens every Saturday 8am-4pm in Barnet borough in London
- Target audience: young couples or families who are health conscious and want to eat organic and support local farmers.
- Come up with at least three unique logos and present them in a professional way (download the logo_design_inspiration.pdf to get some ideas)
- Feel free to choose different logo styles/directions to the ones showcased in the course.
- Aim to achieve a minimum propositional density of 1 (equal amount of elements and meanings) in your logos
- Use farmers_market_logos outline.ai file as reference only
2. Make a simple brand guide for the market (optional)
For logo exercises 1-10 download 10_logos_start.ai file in Adobe Illustrator.
Size: 726.43 MB