[Packtpub] Reliability and Resilience on AWS
Guide to achieve resilience and reliability on AWS
Cloud services are vulnerable to network and other outages. When your applications are not performing as they should, no one is happy. However, applications can be designed to be resilient and responsive under demand while hosted in the cloud with Cloud hosted applications at AWS.
In this course, you’ll learn how to prepare for potentially devastating interruptions by building your own resilient and reliable applications in the public cloud. You’ll explore the steps to properly host and automatically scale applications hosted in the cloud. You’ll also take a look at load-balancing, backed with autoscaling, driven by the CloudWatch monitoring service producing an automated solution methodology.
By the end of the course, you will be able to achieve application resiliency, autoscaling, and failover with your applications hosted in the Amazon cloud.
Style and Approach
This course takes a hands-on approach that guides your learning through comprehensive examples and clear and concise explanations. Useful tips and tricks will be included throughout the course to get the audience to be able to build resilient cloud application in on time.
What You Will Learn
• Deploy EC2 Auto scaling for web server instances.
• How to build and maintain EC2 images.
• Design Application Load Balancing Services that scale across availability zones.
• Design Cloud Watch alarms to automate the autoscaling of web servers to match demand.
• Monitor applications and design CloudWatch metrics and alarms for autoscaling
• Develop plans to use AWS Auto Scaling to manage EC2 instances, Dynamo DB, and Aurora
Table of Contents
• AUTO SCALING AND LOAD BALANCING IN AWS
• BUILDING AMAZON MACHINE IMAGES
• IMPLEMENTING ELB LOAD BALANCING
• MONITORING IN THE AWS CLOUD
• AUTO SCALING
Author – Alan Rodrigues
Released Date – November 30, 2018
Duration – 1 hour 42 minutes
Size: 399.69 MB