[DevMarketing] Marketing For Developers
A book and course for programmers who want to learn marketing
Only one factor predict’s a product’s success
It’s not the quality of your code.
It’s not “scratching your own itch.”
It’s not the programming framework you chose.
It’s not test-driven development or continuous integration.
What makes an app successful? Having product/market fit!
Programmers who earn significant revenue from their products validate demand before they start coding.
One of the biggest mistakes developers make is they think they know what people need. But building something that meets a need isn’t enough. You have to create something people want.
How do you build something people want?
“I’m a software developer who’s already launched some projects. None of them generated any revenue. I got this course to help me fix that. I want to build a SaaS that makes enough income to pay my rent, preferably more.” – Marketing for Developers student
Tired of making software that no one wants? Discover what people will pay for before you start coding.
Marketing for Developers takes you through this process:
Good marketing isn’t about employing the latest growth hack. At its core, good marketing is correctly identifying a legitimate problem that people will pay you to solve.
Marketing for Developers is the guide you’ve been waiting for
The book and course will teach you everything you need to know.
• The beginning: everyone starts with no audience, no product, and no revenue. It’s OK if you’re just starting out!
• Build something people want: you’ll learn how to choose your target market, understand what motivates them, and pick a product idea.
• Use the lean marketing stack: identify the right tools, configure them, and track the right analytics events.
• Pre-launch: design a landing page that converts, write blog posts, optimize for search and build buzz.
• Launch and grow: promote your application with confidence, get more traffic, creating campaigns that convert, and get your first paying customers.
Who is this for?
Marketing for Developers is for programmers who want to earn an income from the products they create. I wrote it specifically for these three stages:
“I want to build a product, but haven’t found an idea.”
“I’m building a product, but haven’t yet launched.”
“I’ve launched, and I’m looking for my first 100 customers.”
These tactics will also be useful for startups and teams to review together.
Hi, I’m Justin Jackson, @mijustin on Twitter.
I’m the Co-Founder of Transistor.fm. Previously I was the Product Manager at Sprintly and Mailout. I’ve also consulted on marketing & growth for startups in London, San Francisco, Boulder, and Portland.
I created Marketing for Developers, in October 2015. Since then, it’s been purchased over 5000 times.
Author: Justin Jackson
Duration: 20h 31m
Size: 14.92 GB