[Coursera] Meta Front-End Developer Professional Certificate
Launch your career as a front-end developer. Build job-ready skills for an in-demand career and earn a credential from Meta. No degree or prior experience required to get started.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Learn Bootstrap CSS Framework to create webpages and work with GitHub repositories and version control.
Prepare for a coding interview, learn best approaches to problem-solving, and build portfolio-ready projects you can share during job interviews.
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- UI/UX design
- Web Development Tools
- User Interface
- Front-End Web Development
- HTML and CSS
- Responsive Web Design
- Test-Driven Development
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
About this Professional Certificate
Want to get started in the world of coding and build beautiful websites as a career? This 9-course program, designed by the software engineering experts at Meta, will prepare you for a career as a front-end developer.
Once you complete the program, you’ll get exclusive access to the Meta Career Programs Job Board—a job search platform that connects you with 200+ employers who have committed to sourcing talent through Meta’s certificate programs, as well as career support resources to help you with your job search.
In this program, you’ll learn:
- In-demand design skills to create professional page layouts using industry-standard tools such as Bootstrap, React, and Figma.
- GitHub repositories for version control, content management system (CMS) and how to edit images using Figma.
- How to prepare for technical interviews for front-end developer roles.
By the end, you’ll put your new skills to work by completing a real-world project where you’ll create your own front-end web application.
Any third-party trademarks and other intellectual property (including logos and icons) referenced in the learning experience remain the property of their respective owners. Unless specifically identified as such, Coursera’s use of third-party intellectual property does not indicate any relationship, sponsorship, or endorsement between Coursera and the owners of these trademarks or other intellectual property.
Applied Learning Project
Throughout the program, you’ll engage in hands-on activities that offer opportunities to practice and implement what you are learning. You’ll complete hands-on projects that you can showcase during job interviews and on relevant social networks.
At the end of each course, you’ll complete a project to test your new skills and ensure you understand the criteria before moving on to the next course. There are 9 projects in which you’ll use a lab environment or a web application to perform tasks such as:
- Edit your Bio page—using your skills in HTML5, CSS and UI frameworks
- Manage a project in GitHub—using version control in Git, Git repositories and the Linux Terminal
- Build a static version of an application—you’ll apply your understanding of React, frameworks, routing, hooks, bundlers and data fetching.
At the end of the program, there will be a Capstone project where you will bring your new skillset together to create the front-end web application.
Meta Front-End Developer Professional Certificate is a project-oriented training series for front-end programming and development, published by Coursera Specialized Academy. This training course is published in collaboration with Meta (former Facebook) and Coursera specialized academy, and its instructors are mostly employees and senior developers of Facebook. This training course starts from scratch and does not require any background knowledge. This educational series consists of 9 completely separate courses, each of which will teach a set of skills needed to enter the front-end programming job market. Among the most important of these skills, the following can be mentioned:
- Layout of beautiful websites using Bootstrap and React frameworks and Figma user interface design software
- Working with GitHub and various content management systems (CMS)
- Editing and designing images in Figma
- Frequently asked questions and topics in front-end programming job interviews
As mentioned, this educational series is completely practical and project-oriented, and at the end of the course, you will be able to add the created websites to your portfolio.
What you will learn in Meta Front-End Developer Professional Certificate
- HTML (HTML5)
- User interface design and user experience (UI/UX)
- React framework
- Various web development tools
- Responsive web design
- Test-Driven Development
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- And …
Instructors: Meta Staff
Number of Courses: 9
Duration: Approximately 7 months to complete – Suggested pace of 6 hours/week
Size: 1.02 GB