[Code4Startup] Build Collaborative editor and Real-time video call with NodeJS
Author: Leo Trieu
In this project, you will be learning how to build a collaborative platform with real-time code editor so that you can share what you are coding/typing on the screen with other people at the same time, just like Google Docs. Also I will teach you how to create video call function for this app like FaceTime.
Even better if you do a business in which you offer pair training or mentoring of how to code or how to debug someone’s project and then you will charge them for hour rate or something like that. Just like CodeMentor.
- You should understand basic of HTML and CSS.
- Learn the “NodeJS for newbies in 1 hour” course
- You want to learn how to build a NodeJS web app in quick way
What skills will we learn during this project?
- How to setup environment and tools for NodeJS.
- How to use 3rd libraries to power up your app.
- How to structure your application with good practice.
- How to work with object models and MongoDB database.
- How to work with NodeJS code in handlebar templates.
- How to handle form submission and validation in NodeJS with ease.
- How to integrate Facebook authentication to any NodeJS apps.
- How to create real-time transactions with Socket.io.
- Applying Bootstrap templates into your code.
- How to create your own peer-to-peer server.
- Learn how to deploy your NodeJS application on a real hosting.
What features will we build in this project?
- A collaborative platform with code editor and video call.
- Authenticate with email & password.
- Authenticate with Facebook.
- Sending transactional emails.
- Real-time collaborative code editor like Google Docs.
- Real-time chat message like Facebook Messenger.
- Real-time video call like FaceTime.
- Hosting the app on a live host.
Size: 2.34 GB