[Skillshare] Crochet for Complete Beginners
About This Class
A crochet course for the complete beginner!
If you have always wanted to learn to crochet, then my beginners course is perfect for you.
Let me help you start your crochet journey by explaining what the basic terminology means and walking you through four basic stitches.
We will then look at a very basic pattern and work through how to make a mug cosy as your first project.
I love teaching crochet and teach it regularly across the UK. I love the mindful aspects that crochet can bring, to help us switch off from the busy world and also create some beautiful and fun projects.
Discover your ‘crojo’ with me!.
Hands-on Class Project
Learn to crochet four basic stitches and produce a beautiful mug cozy!
I just love teaching crochet and helping people on their crochet journey. This project is perfect for a complete beginner to crochet. This course helps you discover your ‘crojo’ as it gives you clear and friendly instructions on how to start, including holding the hook and four basic stitches.
I have attached the mug cozy patterns for you want to download to work at your own pace. There is also an explanation of the crochet stitches to help you understand the difference between US and
The main project for this class is to create a mug cozy, which you can then decorate to make it unique.
- DK / Worsted weight acrylic yarn. Any colour preference you require (I would suggest staying away from dark colours as these can make the stitches quite difficult to see for a complete beginner) 1 skein/ball per project.
- a crochet hook. Size H or 4mm crochet hook.
- Button for fastening the mug cozy
- Darning needle
- optional – stitch markers
- The first assignment is to start crocheting… getcomfortable with your hook, take your time and learn four basic crochet stitches.
- You will then learn how to understand a crochet pattern and take this learning to make a mug cozy as your first project.
- Once you have something on your hook,b whether that be practicing the stitches or your finished mug cozy, please do take a picture and upload it on here under class projects. It would amazing to see your progress from complete newbie into crochet addict!
- Check out Community section of this class to ask any questions or to see how other fellow beginner crocheters are progressing!
- Please show off your finished project and post for us all to see. I would love to see how you have progressed and to see your finished projects.
I hope that this class has helped you start your crochet journey. Please do posts pictures and ask any questions you have, I would love for us all connect in our little crochet community
Size: 393.05 MB