[Packtpub] Mastering System Administration with PowerShell 6.x
Explore various features and automation tasks in the awesome PowerShell 6 by configuring and administrating the Windows Operating System components and server features
PowerShell combines command-line speed, the flexibility of scripting, and the power of a GUI-based admin tool. Virtually all of the server products Microsoft is producing right now can be managed through PowerShell. From an administrative standpoint, this means that if you become proficient in PowerShell, you’ll have the skill set needed to manage most of Microsoft’s newer products.
We’ll start with Windows System Administration and explore different features, services, shares, and permissions. Then you’ll move forward with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), which is an essential aspect of PowerShell 6. After that, you’ll work on managing remote systems, learn to create and connect reusable remote sessions to multiple systems, invoke commands on remote machines, and close connections and delete remote sessions.
You’ll discover what “managing your infrastructure through code” means using the popular Desired State Configuration feature of PowerShell. Finally, you’ll see how PowerShell has expanded its influence across the datacenter, as you use PowerShell to manage Active Directory, Azure, IIS, and more.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to perform complex automation tasks using PowerShell 6 and will have mastered the new features and changes that it brings.
Style and Approach
This course is a step-by-step practical guide filled with real-world use cases and examples that will help you master various aspects of the new PowerShell 6.
What You Will Learn
• See how to configure the Windows Operating System (OS) with PowerShell Core 6
• Manage Windows OS through WMI commands
• Administer remote systems with PowerShell Core 6
• Manage Windows features, including Active Directory, IIS, and more with PowerShell Core 6
• Master the most important aspects of PowerShell Core 6.
Table of Contents
- INTRODUCTION TO TOOLS AND SETTING UP YOUR SYSTEMS
- WINDOWS SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION WITH POWERSHELL CORE 6
- MANAGING REMOTE SYSTEMS WITH POWERSHELL
- WORKING WITH POWERSHELL DESIRED STATE CONFIGURATION
- DATACENTER MANAGEMENT WITH POWERSHELL
Author – Michael Simmons
Released Date – February 28, 2018
Duration – 2 hours 36 minutes
Size: 575.36 MB