[Packtpub] Getting Started with Modern Python
Learn Python like a Professional! Start from the basics and go all the way to create your program in it.
Table of Contents
- GETTING STARTED WITH PYTHON DEVELOPMENT
- WORKING WITH STRINGS
- HARNESSING THE POWER OF LIST COMPREHENSIONS
- GENERATORS AND ITERTOOLS
- FUNCTIONS, BECAUSE SOMETIMES ONE LINE ISN’T ENOUGH
In this course, you will start by setting up your development environment, including downloading Python and setting up your IDE (PyCharm); you’ll then be introduced to Python lists and list comprehensions. The course will then show you what a generator is and why you might want to use one. Further on, you will be introduced to functions and decorators, and see how you can use them. You will then learn how to create a very simple, single-file Python program, and how to execute it both from the command line and from within the IDE. You’ll also get a very brief introduction to debugging.
Style and Approach
This practical course takes you through the tools Modern Python has to offer for your environment. It is packed with step-by-step instructions and working examples. This comprehensive course is divided into clear bite-size chunks so you can learn at your own pace and focus on the areas of most interest to you.
What You Will Learn
- Set up your development environment in Python
- Run and execute Python both from the command line and from within the IDE
- Run Python from inside PyCharm
- Install and manage different Python versions
- Write and debug your own Python programs
- Work with strings and file-like interfaces
- Harness the power of list comprehensions
- Explore generators and itertools and get an introduction to creating your own functions classes and modules
Created By Joran Beasley
Released Date July 30, 2018
Duration 3h 16m
Size: 400.59 MB