[Packtpub] Building a Realtime Chat Application with Angular 5 and Firebase
Build, launch and deploy your very own realtime chat application with authentication, using Angular 5, Bootstrap 4 and a Firebase backend.
Angular 5 is a structural framework for building dynamic web applications. If you’re facing a challenge in building robust and efficient web applications with Angular 5, then look no further as this video course will enable you to get to grips with Angular 5 by enabling you to build a realtime chat application using Angular 5, Angular CLI, Bootstrap 4 and Firebase. Initially, you will quickly scaffold a new Angular application using Angular CLI and then, you’ll add Bootstrap 4 and a few other dependencies to build your application rapidly. On your journey, you will create new pages, implement routing, authentication and more. Next, you’ll work on setting up a new Firebase account and integrating the Firebase backend into your Angular 5 application.
As you progress further, you will make use of a Reactive pattern and implement Observables to add realtime capabilities to your chat application. In addition to building a realtime chat room, you will also build user profile pages; implement a search engine for users and learn how to the send direct messages to users. Towards the end of this course, you will be able to build a fully featured realtime chat application using Angular 5 and Firebase and deploy it to AWS so that the world can see it. You will get started with Angular 5, understand how to apply it, and build some of the most robust, efficient and dynamic applications with Angular 5. After completing this course, you will likely find creative ways to apply it to your work.
Style and Approach
The best way to learn is by doing. Therefore, this course will walk you through building a real world application,in a step-by-step manner. The exact steps taken in this course could be repeated to build and deploy your own realtime chat application.
What You Will Learn
- Scaffolding a new Angular 5 application with Angular CLI
- Integrating Bootstrap 4, Font Awesome and Flexbox for layouts
- Creating a Firebase backend to support your Angular 5 application
- Integrating your frontend Angular 5 application with a Firebase backend
- Implementing authentication using Angular services, guards and Firebase
- Using RxJS Observables to create a realtime chat room
- Building pages to support user functionality and persiting that data to Firebase
- Implementing user search functionality and direct messaging
- Building and deploying the Angular application to AWS
Table of Contents
- STARTING YOUR ANGULAR APPLICATION
- BUILDING THE INITIAL PAGES
- CREATING ALERT, LOADING, AND AUTHENTICATION SERVICES
- SETTING UP AND CONNECTING TO FIREBASE
- BUILDING THE CHATROOM FUNCTIONALITY
- CREATING USER PROFILES
- CLEAN UP, SECURITY, AND DEPLOYING TO AMAZON AWS S3
Created By Brice Ayres
Released April 10, 2018
Duration 3 hours 55 minutes
Size: 942.56 MB