[Packtpub] Basic Relational Database Design
Understand the relationship between data and databases through this course and build efficient databases
With growing market demands, every developer working on various programming languages plans to become a full-stack developer and database management is key to developing every web, desktop, or cloud application.
You’ll start by preparing your own database tables, then create an advanced database design to manage your data efficiently, which is necessary when you are working with a large set of data for any project. Along the way, you will also experience the power of database models and relationships to reuse a particular set of data.
By the end of the course, you will be able to build and design efficient databases. You will also be able to use normalization to restructure your database and reduce redundancy.
Style and Approach
This course supplies mix of theoretical and practical notions, starting with a bit of theory and extending it via practical examples using a business case.
What You Will Learn
• Get an understanding of databases and database design
• Build a database scheme in a proper way
• Learn how to normalize your database
• Learn to design a database from scratch
• Master all types of relationship and properly design them all within a database
Table of Contents
• GETTING STARTED WITH RELATIONAL DATABASES
• DATABASE DESIGN
• PRACTICE – LOGICAL AND PHYSICAL MODELS
• NORMALIZATION FORMS
Author – Smail Oubaalla
Released Date – December 30, 2018
Duration – 1 hours 27 minutes
Size: 270.87 MB