[Packtpub] Advanced Server-Side Programming with Node.js
Build advanced, secure applications and APIs with Node.js and take your full-stack to the next level with third-party modules!
Node.js is a powerful, performance-efficient language. Its non-IO blocking technology makes it perfect for creating highly scalable web applications built around user interaction.
In this course, you will learn to create highly secure and scalable applications using various languages and frameworks such as EJS, PassportJS, OAuth (for user authentication with Facebook, Twitter and more), the Helmet module, and encryption with BCrypt. You will also learn about the MVC architecture to make sure your codebase is maintainable and scalable, making you a better developer overall.
This course is for you if you have a basic understanding of Node.js and want to take your web applications to the next level in security and scalability by learning in-demand skills.
Style and Approach
The course begins with an in-depth explanation of how Node.js works to help viewers become better developers overall, then it discusses security and efficient coding with Node.js, ultimately leading to viewers learning to code performance-efficient, quality web applications using frameworks and technologies such as BCrypt, EJS, OAuth, PassportJS, and more.
Table of Contents:
- ADVANCED NODE.JS INTRODUCTION
- TEMPLATE ENGINES
- SECURE CODING WITH NODE.JS
- CREATING A SECURE WEB BLOG
What You Will Learn:
- Learn how Node.js’ non-IO blocking technology works in depth
- Get familiar with the MVC architecture
- Create authentication patterns using PassportJS
- Encrypt sensitive user data to protect your data from malware attacks
- Use OAuth to set up Facebook, Twitter, and social-media logins
- Learn how to use templating engines, and make powerful dynamic applications using EJS
- Protect your application and users against common threats and learn to use the Helmet module
- Build a performance-efficient, dynamic web blog using what you’ve learned
Created By Mohammad Hunan Chughtai
Release Date January 19, 2018
Duration 3h 7m
Size: 702.68 MB