[NotSoSecure] Advanced Web Hacking
This is our 5-day Advanced-level web application security testing course.
Much like our popular Advanced Infrastructure Hacking class, this class talks about a wealth of hacking techniques to compromise web applications, APIs, cloud components and other associated end-points. This class focuses on specific areas of appsec and on advanced vulnerability identification and exploitation techniques (especially server side flaws). The class allows attendees to practice some neat, new and ridiculous hacks which affected real life products and have found a mention in real bug-bounty programs. The vulnerabilities selected for the class either typically go undetected by modern scanners or the exploitation techniques are not so well known.
Note: Attendees will also benefit from a state-of-art Hacklab and we will be providing free 30 days lab access after the class to allow attendees more practice time.
Advanced Web Hacking course talks about a wealth of hacking techniques to compromise web applications, APIs and associated end-points. This course focuses on specific areas of app-sec and on advanced vulnerability identification and exploitation techniques (especially server side flaws). This hands-on course covers neat, new and ridiculous hacks which affected real life products and have found a mention in real bug-bounty programs. In this course vulnerabilities selected are ones that typically go undetected by modern scanners or the exploitation techniques are not so well known.
You will be able to:
• Effectively exfiltrate data using Out of Band Techniques for certain vulnerabilities
• Pen Test encrypted parameters to find vulnerabilities
• Learn how to bypass SSO functionalities
• Find SQL injection vulnerabilities not detected by Automated tools
• Break weak crypto implementations
• Learn ways to bypass password reset functionalities
You will receive:
Access to a hacking lab not just during the course but for 30 days after the class too. This gives them plenty of time to practice the concepts taught in the class. Numerous scripts and tools will also be provided during the training, along with student handouts.
Our courses also come with detailed answer sheets. That is a step by step walkthrough of how every exercise within the class needs to be solved. These answer sheets are also provided to students at the end of the class.
What you can take away from the course:
• The latest hacks in the world of web hacking. The class content has been carefully handpicked to focus on some neat, new and ridiculous attacks.
• We provide a custom kali image for this class. The custom kali image has been loaded with a number of plugins and tools (some public and some NotSoPublic) and these aid in quickly identifying and exploiting vulnerabilities discussed during the class.
• The class is taught by a real Pen Tester and the real-world stories shared during the class help attendees in putting things into perspective.
Who Should Take This Class?
• Web developers
• SOC analysts
• Intermediate level penetration testers
• DevOps engineers, network engineers
• Security architects
• Security enthusiasts
• Anyone who wants to take their skills to the next level
You will need:
Students must bring their own laptop and have admin/root access on it. The laptop must have a virtualization software (virtualbox / VMWare) pre installed. A customized version of Kali Linux (ova format) containing custom tools, scripts and VPN scripts for the class will be provided to the students. The laptop should have at least 4 GB RAM and 20 GB of free disk space dedicatedly for the VM.
Size: 9.42 GB