[LiveLessons] Blockchain Applications and Smart Contracts: Developing with Ethereum and Solidity
Blockchain, the underlying technology of cryptocurrencies, is positioned to revolutionize the world economy; and Ethereum as a particular blockchain enables new decentralized use-cases with the ability to run programs called smart contracts.
The Blockchain and cryptocurrency are important tools for a decentralized market that needs to protect its speed, security, and reputation. Blockchain technologies are being researched by the largest corporations to securely transact and run their business. The concept of smart contracts, micro finance, and transparent transactions are all benefits of the Blockchain. This course will provide a developer the techniques necessary to write applications that run on a Blockchain.
About the Instructor
Jim Steele is the VP of Engineering at Knowles Intelligent Audio. He joined Knowles through acquisition and prior to that led his motion sensor startup to a successful acquisition as well. Jim has held senior management positions at variety of technology companies working on complex systems from RF communications to location-based technology.
Jim has held research positions in theoretical physics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the Ohio State University. He is the lead author of The Android Developer’s Cookbook, which was designed to help application developers start working on the Android mobile operating system. He is also a noted speaker and has given many invited lectures. He holds a Ph.D. in theoretical physics from the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Intermediate to Advanced
What You Will Learn
- What are relevant Blockchain application use-cases
- How to set up a development environment for Solidity
- Details of the Solidity language and how to code a smart contract
- How to create a test network to test applications without cost
- How to launch a smart contract in a live network
Who Should Take This Course
- Anyone who is interested in learning the basics of smart contracts
- Developers, program managers, and blockchain enthusiasts
- Computer professionals, software engineers, and algorithm engineers
- Basic understanding of computer programming and using an IDE (integrated development environment) such as Visual Studio
Created By James Steele
Release Date 8/2018
Duration 3 Hour
Size: 3.80 GB