[Coursera] Google IT Support Professional Certificate
The launchpad to a career in IT. This program is designed to take beginner learners to job readiness in about eight months.
About this Professional Certificate
This five-course certificate, developed by Google, includes innovative curriculum designed to prepare you for an entry-level role in IT support. A job in IT can mean in-person or remote help desk work in a small business or at a global company like Google. If you’ve been tinkering with IT or are new to the field, you’re at the right place. The program is part of Grow with Google, a Google initiative to help create economic opportunities for all Americans. Check out this video to learn more.
Upon completion of the certificate, you can share your information with top employers like Cognizant, GE Digital, H&R Block, Hulu, J.M. Smucker, Infosys, Intel, KForce, MCPc, PNC Bank, RICOH USA, Sprint, TEKSystems, UPMC, Veterans United Home Loans, Walmart and their subsidiaries, and of course, Google.
Through a mix of video lectures, quizzes, and hand-on labs and widgets, the program will introduce you to troubleshooting and customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration and security. Along the way, you’ll hear from Googlers with unique backgrounds whose own foundation in IT support served as a jumping off point for their careers.
By dedicating 8-10 hours a week, you can complete the certificate in about eight months. You can skip through content that you might already know and speed ahead to the graded assessments.
The content in the Google IT Support Professional Certificate is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
How the Professional Certificate Works
A Professional Certificate program is a series of online courses that help you become job-ready. Some Professional Certificates prepare you to launch a career in a specific field like IT support, while others help you to pass an industry certification exam. To begin, enroll in the program or choose a single course you’d like to start with. When you subscribe to a course that is part of a Professional Certificate program, you’re automatically enrolled in the full program. It’s okay to complete just one course — you can pause your learning or end your subscription at any time. Visit your learner dashboard to manage your course enrollments and track your progress.
Earn the Certificate
When you finish all of your courses, you’ll receive a shareable electronic Certificate that you can add to your resume and LinkedIn.
There are 5 Courses in this Professional Certificate
1. Technical Support Fundamentals
• This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information
Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and c…
2. The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking
• This course is designed to provide a full overview of computer networking. We’ll cover everything from the fundamentals of modern networking technologies and protocols to an
overview of the cloud to practical applications and network troubleshooting. We’ll wrap up by covering how this information might show up in a job interview and giv…
3. Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User
• In this course – through a combination of video lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on practice – you’ll learn about the main components of an operating system and how to
perform critical tasks like managing software and users, and configuring hardware. We’ll wrap up with an example of how you might see this content show up in an i…
4. System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services
• This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers
systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll dee…
5. IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts
• This course covers a wide variety of IT security concepts, tools, and best practices. It introduces threats and attacks and the many ways they can show up. We’ll give you some
background of encryption algorithms and how they’re used to safeguard data. Then, we’ll dive into the three As of information security: authentication, authorization…
The IT Support Professional Certificate program is part of Grow with Google, an initiative that draws on Google’s 20-year history of building products, platforms, and services that help people and businesses grow. Through programs like these, we aim to help everyone– those who make up the workforce of today and the students who will drive the workforce of tomorrow – access the best of Google’s training and tools to grow their skills, careers, and businesses.
Offered By: Grow with Google
Size: 11.13 GB